Paolo is a 20 year veteran of Swing Dance specializing in the Lindy Hop, Balboa, Collegiate Shag, Charleston and The Madison. He is also versed in the popular club style partner dances from Mambo to the Hustle. Paolo and his original partner Janice Wilson were the first Lindy Hoppers to TOUR with with Wynton Marsalis & The Lincoln Center Jazz Orchestra and in 1998 they won the American Swing Dance Championships. They performed with shows “Swing Dance America” and “Forever Swing” The Musical Revue featuring Michael Buble. In addition, Paolo co-founded & presented The 1st Summer Jamboree Dance Camp in Italy, The Shake, Rhythm & Roll Festival in Asbury Park, and he’s the creative director of the Swing Remix dance spectacular in NYC. He coordinates dance teams The Lindy Hop All-Stars, The Rhythm Stompers, and continues to hone his skills of these classic American dances, teaching and performing throughout the world. Paolo & partner Laurentina recently performed LIVE with Ray Gelato at the Umbria Jazz festival in Perugia.
Mr Pasta Lanna is currently the swing director at You Should Be Dancing NYC, an instructor at Westchester Ballroom NY, and a returning special guest instructor/performer at Lincoln Center’s Midsummer Night Swing.
His most noteworthy credits include:
- Touring with the Big Band show “Forever Swing” in Winter/Spring 2001
- Appearances on CNBC’s Great Stuff and The David Letterman Show
- Carnegie Hall tribute to Dudley Moore
- Premiere of Ken Burns’ documentary “Jazz”
- Disney World event featuring Bill Cosby
- Mayor’s Party, Gracie Mansion 1999
- For Dancers Only Tour with Wynton Marsalis and the Lincoln Center Jazz Orchestra, Spring 2000
- Swingin’ the Duke Centennial Special with Wynton Marsalis, PBS